Tuesday 15 May 2012

Playing with polkadots!

So this is the second part of my "Mixed Prints" post... however this ended up  being the first part of my youtube video uploads (confusing much?)

This time I want to show you how you can go about mixing polka dots. I seriously adore the polka dots. Stripes and Polkadots are probably the most classic of all prints and if you're new to prints, invest in these pieces. You can easily mix them with other prints, textures, bold colours - the styling options are endless.

Here I'm showing you how you can go day to night with the same top (actually a dress). I've only shown you two pieces, but you can wear a nice pair of leather pants with it, high waisted shorts, midi-skirt - I kid you not, they will just about go with anything. Polkadots also come in all sorts of apparel - dresses, skirts, pants; and of course they come in all sorts of sizes (big polkadots and small polka dots), and different colours!

Dont be afraid to be bold and try to put together different pieces that you dont think will naturally work together. Find a way of tidying the look together with common ground - eg: colours/similar hues, similar accents/theme. Again, if all else fails, mixing prints together with a neutral colour palette ALWAYS works :D

DAY LOOK:
P1020980
P1020982
P1020985
P1020987
P1020988
P1020989
Hat - Sportsgirl | Polkadot Chiffon Dress - From Japan | Leopard Print Skirt - Cotton On | Tan Peep-toe Mary Janes - Payless | Leather Bucket Bag - Thrifted | Multiple Crosses Necklace - Regal Rose | Dream Catcher Necklace - Markets

NIGHT LOOK:
P1020993
P1020996P1020994
Metallic Choker - Lovisa | Polkadot Chiffon Dress (worn as a top) - From Japan | Leopard Print Metallic skirt - Supre | Clutch - Sportsgirl | Heels - New look (Actually would have preferred to wear nude/gold pumps instead of black strappy sandals in retrospect)

PS - I apologise for my awful state. Hair Styling wise, I would have curled my hair with a side part and all of the curls falling to the side :)

Anyways, sorry again for the unedited pictures. So lazy. I didnt even bother to crop them (naughty me). But hope you guys enjoy nonetheless, and if you're a visual person, dont forget to check out my youtube video on it! :D


xoxo June
Photobucket

11 comments :

  1. i love the skirt from the night look! you have a great figure! :)))

    rebecca x
    scatterrbrained.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love first outfit :) thank u :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of the outfits. Hope you're feeling better. =)

    augustandnine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfits:) looks great on you.
    You should start instagram"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look & your video June! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are adorable! i love this look! that polka dot top is fantastic. so glad i stumbled across your blog...love your style! following:]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your videos June! I had to subscribe and join your blog. You're stunning! Please please check out my site when you get a moment, I would appreciate it so much:

    Get Glam
    Get Glam
    Get Glam
    Get Glam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polka dots are one of my favourite prints!! Love both of the outfits.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40550168-1